The village of Chedworth is in the County of Gloucestershire, 7 miles
from Cirencester, 5 miles from Northleach and eleven miles from Cheltenham.
It is close to the Roman Fosse Way and is roughly 600 feet above sea level.
Chedworth is an attractive Cotswold village, with old and modern Cotswold
stone houses hugging the steep sides of the valley which extends for almost
2 miles along a tributary of the River Coln.
Unlike many of the villages in the Cotswolds, Chedworth remains unspoilt
and off the beaten track apart from Chedworth Roman Villa which as the
crow flies is less than a mile from the nearest house, whilst by road
it is approximately 4.5 miles.
Chedworth is a thriving community and has a village school, church, pub
and a wide range of clubs and societies.
Below are some useful links to the
|The Village Diary
(Items for inclusion in the Diary should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Chedworth now has its own Facebook page.
|To subscribe & receive General Information Emails about what is going on in the village – go to Chedworth Emailing System
||(to subscribe & receive Parish Council Email Alerts about important emergency or critical events – see the Parish Council website below).
GREAT WAR CENTENARY 1914-2014. This month we remember:
Corporal Henry Clement Seates, RAMC. Died in a tragic accident whilst serving in East Africa on 24 January 1919, age 22. He was the eldest son of Clement and Kate Seates of Cheap Street and had been a gardener at Dean Close School. Having joined the Army in 1914, he was wounded there whilst stretcher bearing and drafted later to East Africa. He was buried with full military honours at Fort Hall, Muranga, Kenya. He is commemorated on both the Chapel and St Andrews Memorials and he is remembered each year on the Legion Roll at the Remembrance Sunday Service at St Andrews.
The History of a Cotswold
This history is now
available - please click here for more details.